Monday, August 10, 2009

Finding a smile (list blog)

As summer drags on with the days getting hotter and more humid it’s harder to find things that make me smile. After all these years, it still amazes me how much the weather influences my mood and energy level. Days like this are hard when searching for my smile. Maybe making a list would help.

1. Watching my dogs play and wondering what they dream about when they sleep

2. Taking a long walk or a hike in the woods

3. Spending time with friends, exploring new places

4. Day trips

5. Connecting with friends on the internet

6. Starting a new project

7. Helping someone else with a problem

8. Receiving a smile

9. Taking a risk to try something new

10. Reading a book from one of my favorite authors

Now that I know how simple it is to think of things that make me smile, maybe I can find my smile more often. If nothing else, when you smile, it makes people wonder what you are up to. That might just be reason enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment